List of the top 10 richest Canadian families in 2023.
Have you ever wondered how much money the richest families in Canada have? Well, it’s a lot. From millionaires to billionaires. According to Forbes Magazine, there are an average of 53 Canadian billionaires and 1,681,969 millionaires as of 2023.
Changpeng Zhao family, who goes by CZ, is currently considered to be one of the richest Canadian families as of 2023 today, with an estimated net worth of US$25 billion.
Sherry Brydson, Canada’s richest woman, who is also the largest single shareholder in the family holding company, happens to be among the top 10 richest people in Canada.
As of April 2023, David Thomson is the richest man in Canada, with an estimated net worth of 52.7 billion U.S. dollars. The Thompson family also ranks among the top 100 richest families in Canada. David Thomson joins the list of world billionaires like Elon Musk who is the richest man in the world today.
Who are the top 10 richest families in Canada in 2023?
Currently, David Thomson & Family is the richest family in Canada 2023 with an estimated net worth of US$55 billion.
Changpeng Zhao Family ranks number two with a net worth of US$25 billion whereas the Jim Pattison family closes the top three list with a net worth of USD12.5 billion.
According to Forbes Magazine ranking, from CEOs, businessmen, to investors, here’s a look at Canada’s 10 richest families in 2023 today.
Top 10 Richest Canadian Families 2023
- David Thomson & family. Net worth 2023 – US$54.9 billion.
- Changpeng Zhao Family. Net worth 2023 – US$25 billion.
- Jim Pattison family. Net worth 2023 – US$12.5 billion.
- David Cheriton. Net worth 2023 – US$10.9 billion.
- Anthony von Mandl . Net worth 2023 – US$8.7 billion.
- Joseph Tsai . Net worth 2023 – US$8.4 billion.
- Alain Bouchard. Net worth 2023: US$6.2 billion.
- Dennis “Chip” Wilson. Net worth 2023 – US$5.5 billion.
- Mark Scheinberg. Net worth 2023 – US$5.3 billion.
- Emanuele (Lino) Saputo & family – US$5 billion. (TIE)
- Tobi Lutke. Net worth 2023: US$5 billion.
Among the top 100 richest families in Canada in 2023, Ontario is the richest province in Canada with its fair share of millionaires and billionaires. This is because there are currently 118,000 millionaires in the province.
Certainly, there’s no shortage of millionaires even in Canada’s smallest province with some of the richest families like Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick.
Source: Richest Info