Richest companies in East Africa 2023 Forbes.
Currently, Kenya is the most developed country in East Africa as of 2023 today followed by Tanzania. However, the number of companies is considered the same for both Kenya and Tanzania. Today, we shall list the top 10 richest companies in East Africa for the year 2023 according to Forbes journal.
What is the richest company in East Africa?
Kenya’s telco Safaricom is now the richest company in East Africa in 2023 today. Similarly, Safaricom is the biggest and most valuable company by market capitalization in East Africa in 2023 right now.
Tanzania Breweries is the second richest company in East Africa in 2023 with a market capitalization of $1.38 billion. Equity Group Holdings, Kenya, is the third on the list and it’s the fastest-growing company in East and Central Africa currently.
In overview, we will list the names of the richest company or firms. Then, we will state their respective countries and market capitalization in the 2023 financial year. Have a look at the list beneath;
Top 10 richest companies in East Africa 2023
- Safaricom telco, Kenya. $13,872 million. It’s the first in the Forbes list of the top 10 richest companies in East Africa in 2023.
- Tanzania Breweries, Tanzania. $1,387 million.
- Equity Group Holdings, Kenya. $1,310 million.
- KCB Group, Kenya. $1,214 million.
- East African Breweries, Kenya. $1,143 million.
- Vodacom Tanzania, Tanzania. $744 million.
- Tanzania Cigarette Company, Tanzania. $733 million.
- Co-operative Bank of Kenya, Kenya. $708 million.
- NMB Bank, Tanzania. $505 million. And finally,
- Standard Chartered Bank Kenya, Kenya. $490 million.
Lastly, we also have other richest companies in East Africa that missed out on our Forbes top 10 list rankings for 2022/2023. For example, Absa Bank Kenya, BAT, NCBA Group, I&M Holdings, and Stanbic Bank Uganda. However, we shall be updating the list from time to time as time goes by.