Richest Country in Africa 2022: Top ten list. In all the continents in the world, Africa is the continent with the highest number of the poorest countries. However, we have several African countries that are regarded as the richest right now. Today, we shall list the top ten richest countries in Africa for the year 2022.
First, most of the richest countries in Africa (2021-2022) are wealthy because they are producers of natural resources. For example, Oil, Diamond, Uranium, Silver, and many other precious resources.
Secondly, Africa is endowed with fertile agricultural land that boosts its opportunities in terms of trade and economy.
What is the richest African country 2022?
Nigeria is the richest African country in 2022 today. Nigeria is now the richest country in Africa because of its high GDP of $490 billion and also, it’s the largest exporter of crude oil in the African continent.
In overview, we will list the top 10 richest countries in Africa in 2022. Then, we shall state their Gross Domestic Product (GDP) as of today.
Top ten richest countries in Africa 2022
- Nigeria – $490 billion. Nigeria is ranked as the most richest country in Africa in 2022.
- South Africa – $376.68 billion.
- Egypt – $324.28 billion.
- Algeria – $173.71 billion.
- Morocco – $120.04 billion.
- Kenya – $98.61 billion. Kenya is the richest country in East Africa in 2022.
- Ethiopia – $92.16 billion.
- Angola – $91.72 billion.
- Ghana – $74.26 billion. And finally,
- Tanzania – $64.99 billion.