Richest Country in Africa 2023 – Top 10 list by Forbes rankings. Of all the continents in the world, Africa is the continent with the highest number of poorest countries. However, we have several African countries that are regarded as the richest right now. Today, we shall list the rankings of the top 10 richest countries in Africa from 2022 to 2023 according to Forbes.
First, most of the richest countries in Africa (2022-2023) are wealthy because they are producers of natural resources. For example, Oil, Diamonds, Uranium, Silver, and many other precious resources.
Secondly, Africa is endowed with fertile agricultural land that boosts its opportunities in terms of trade and economy.
What country is the richest in Africa 2023?
Currently, Nigeria is the richest African country in 2023 today. Nigeria is the richest African country because of its high GDP of $490 billion and also, and it’s the largest exporter of crude oil in the African continent.
In the overview, we will list the top 10 richest country or countries in Africa in 2023 by GDP per capita. Then, we shall state their Gross Domestic Product (GDP) as of today.
Top 10 richest countries in Africa 2023
- Nigeria – $490 billion. Nigeria is ranked as the richest country in Africa in 2023.
- South Africa – $376.68 billion.
- Egypt – $324.28 billion.
- Algeria – $173.71 billion.
- Morocco – $120.04 billion.
- Kenya – $98.61 billion. Kenya is the richest country in East Africa in 2023 today.
- Ethiopia – $92.16 billion.
- Angola – $91.72 billion.
- Ghana – $74.26 billion. And finally,
- Tanzania – $64.99 billion.