Top 10 richest families in Europe 2023 (Forbes)
Europe accounts for 592 billionaires out of the global 2,668 billionaires, according to Forbes 2022 list of the richest families. However, Europe still reigns with the greatest growth of richest families holding up to $6.4 trillion presently.
Europe is home to the world’s third richest person, LVMH chief Bernard Arnault, with a $158 billion fortune. Elon Musk is ranked as the richest person in the world with a net worth of $219 billion, whereas Jeff Bezos comes in second as the richest man in the world with a net worth of $171 billion.
Germany, with 134 billionaires and richest families this year, dominates as the European country with the most billionaires and richest families.
Klaus-Michael Kuehne is the richest German billionaire with an estimated net worth of $36.7 billion. France on the other hand dominates with the richest people in Europe with a total of 43 billionaires.
Geneva, Switzerland, ranks at the top with a super-rich population, having the richest people in Europe. Switzerland’s Guillaume Pousaz currently Europe’s richest tech entrepreneur, worth an estimated $23 billion.
According to the United Nations, Monaco is among the richest countries in Europe and also in the world.
Who is the richest person in Europe in 2023?
Currently, Bernard Arnault, 73, is the richest person in Europe in 2023 with a net worth of $160 billion according to Forbes ranking. The chairman and CEO of LVMH, Bernard Arnault with his net estimate as of today is around $198.4 billion, earning him the top spot on our list.
Françoise Bettencourt Meyers and Amancio Ortega come in second and third place with a net worth of $74 billion and $59 billion respectively.
The ten wealthiest European billionaires on Forbes’ 2023 list are worth a collective $590 billion. In summary, below is the current Forbes list of the top 10 richest families in Europe in 2023.
Europe’s top 10 richest people & Families 2023
- Bernard Arnault, France. The estimated net worth is $158 billion.
- Françoise Bettencourt Meyers, France. The estimated net worth is $74 billion.
- Amancio Ortega, Spain. The estimated net worth is $59 billion.
- Dieter Schwarz, Germany. The estimated net worth is $47 billion.
- Rodolphe Saade, France. The estimated net worth is $41 billion.
- Francois Pinault, France. The estimated net worth is $40 billion.
- Klaus Michael Kuenhe, Germany. The estimated net worth is $37 billion.
- Beate Heister and Karl Albrecht Jr, Germany. The estimated net worth is $36 billion.
- Giovanni Ferrero, Italy. The estimated net worth is $36 billion.
- Gerard Wertheimer, France. The estimated net worth is $31 billion.
Conclusively, the number of dollar billionaires and the richest families in Europe has significantly increased in the recent past. Besides that, apart from the 2023 top 10 richest families highlighted above, Dublin is the wealthiest city in Europe with some of the richest families, with a per capita income of $115,094.
Also read: Top 10 Richest Families in the US 2023