Richest Footballers in Africa 2023 Top 10 List
List of the top 10 richest footballers in Africa from 2022 to 2023. Africa boasts of having among the top 10 richest and best footballers in the world today. As of 2023, some of the richest football players in Nigeria, Algeria, Ghana, South Africa and have joined the list of the richest players in the world.
Besides that, currently, Cristiano is the richest footballer in the world in 2023, whereas FC Barcelona tops the list as the world’s richest football club, according to Ugwire.
Who is the richest African footballer in 2023?
Samuel Eto’o continues to be the richest African footballer of all time with a net worth of $99 million in 2023. Besides, Samuel Eto’o is the most decorated African footballer of all time.
Samuel Eto’o and his Ivorian counterpart, Didier Drogba, top the list as the richest footballers in Africa today.
Apart from the two, the other richest players are from Nigeria and Zambia, like John Obi Mikel and Christopher Katongo, respectively. Ndidi Wilfred boasts as the richest ex-footballer in Nigeria.
On the other hand, Al Ahly SC, based in Cairo, ranks as the richest football club in Africa presently. The Moroccan team comes second as the most successful football team in Africa today.
Highlighted below is a simplified list of the proven top 10 richest footballers in Africa in 2023 according to their collective net worth.
Top 10 richest footballers in Africa 2023
- Samuel Eto’o Fils. Net worth of $95 million. Samuel Eto’o Fils is the most richest footballer in Africa today. He is a four-time winner of the African Player of the Year award – 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2010. Among other records, Eto’o retired as Cameroon’s all-time top scorer.
- Didier Yves Drogba. Ranks second place as the richest footballer in Africa in 2023 with a net worth of $93 million.
- Mohammed Salah Hamed. Net Worth 2023 – $90 million.
- Yaya Toure, $70 million.
- John Obi Mikel, $66 million.
- Seydou Keita, $51 million.
- Emmanuel Adebayor, $46 million.
- Michael Essien, $35 million.
- Sadio Mane. Net Worth 2022 – $25 million.
- Asamoah Gyan, $23 million.
- Sulley Ali Muntari, $22 million.
- Christopher Samba, $22 million.
Concisely, the above highlights the list of the top 10 richest footballers in Africa in 2023. This is the most recently updated list with the latest information, and in case of any change in the list, we shall keep you posted on this very page.
Source: Ugwire Media Networks
Lastly, if you missed our previous post, here are the top 10 richest footballers in the world in the current year, 2023.