Richest President in Africa 2022 Forbes. Over the past decades, Africa is known to be the richest continent since it’s a hub for numerous natural resources across the world. As such, most of the beneficiaries are usually the leaders of the respective countries, truth be told. Today, we shall list the Forbes top 10 richest presidents in Africa in the year 2022.
Which president in Africa is the richest?
The richest President in Africa 2022 is King Mohammed VI of Morocco with an estimated net worth of $5.8 billion. King Mohammed VI is the current President of Morocco and has been in office for the past 15 years.
Certainly, the net worth of King Mohammed VI is 3 times more than that of Ali Bongo Ondimba of Gabon who is the second richest President in Africa. Uhuru Kenyatta is the richest President in East Africa in 2022 with a net worth of $530 million right now.
In summary, we will list the names of the top 10 richest Presidents in Africa in 2022. Then, we will state their nationality and estimated net worth for the current year.
Top 10 Richest Presidents in Africa 2022 Forbes
- King Mohammed VI, Morocco. Net Worth: $5.8 billion.
- President Ali Bongo Ondimba, Gabon. Net Worth: $2 billion.
- President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, Equatorial Guinea. Net Worth: $700 million.
- Uhuru Kenyatta, Kenya. Net Worth: $530 million.
- King Mswati III, Swaziland. Net Worth: $500 million.
- President Paul Kagame, Rwanda. Net Worth: $460 million.
- Matamela Cyril Ramaphosa, South Africa. Net Worth: $450 million.
- President Paul Biya, Cameron. Net Worth: $210 million.
- Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, Egypt. Net Worth: $200 million. And finally,
- Isaias Afwerki, Eritrea. Net Worth: $120 million.
According to the Forbes top 10 lists above, not all of the richest Presidents in Africa in 2022 come from the richest countries in Africa. Certainly, this is an indication of the weakness and strength in the Gross Domestic Product for the respective countries.
Lastly, if you missed our previous post, here are the top 10 richest countries in Africa in 2022 in terms of GDP per capita.